MS SQL Server 2000 SQL3 Statment?

• I want to know MS SQL Server 2000 support SQL3 Standard and if support how do i can create a table as follow:

Create Table Customer(CCode char(3) Not Null  Primary key, CName Varchar(50) Not Null, CAddress ROW (CStreet Varchar(40), CCity Varchar(20), cState Char(3), CCountry Varchar(30));

Please help me.

kind regards

Shifan

shifan

• Create Table Address 

(Id int, Street Varchar(40), City Varchar(20), State Char(3), Country Varchar(30)

)

Create Table Customer

(CCode char(3) Not Null  Primary key, CName Varchar(50) Not Null, CAddressId int,

CONSTRAINT FK_Customer_Address FOREIGN KEY (CAddressId) REFERENCES Address (Id)

)

• I know that it can be implemented using two different relations and integrated by foreign key relationship.

The SQL3 standard says it can be created as single entity. I want to know how it is accomplished by MS SQL Server 2000.

regards

Shifan

shifan

• That's the way to create tables in SQL 2000 and SQL 2005. MS

SQL Server doesn't implement that portion of the SQL 1999 standard. Offhand, I can't think of a mainstream database that does.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply