MS SQL Server - MAPI Login Failure

• HI ,

I am updating a sql server table ( 7.0) through an asp page ( using  dsn). ( Table has one of the columns to store an emial id)

All these days eveyrthing was fine '

but suddenly i see

an error

"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]SQL Mail session is not started."

I saw in MSSQL\LOG\ERROR file

MAPI login failure..

2004-03-15 19:43:22.19 ods      Error: 17951, Severity: 18, State: 1

2004-03-15 19:43:22.19 ods      Failed to start SQL Mail session..

Please let me know what is going wrong

Thanks

THNQdigital

• If for any reason your server can no longer log into mail you can try three things. One, run the xp stored procedures to start and stop mail. Two, Restart the sql agent, three restart sql server. Mail is a horrible problem with SQL Server 2000 and if you can not use it things would be MUCH MUCH better. there are a couple of freeware smtp mail stored procedures xp_smtp_sendmail is the one I like the most.

Cheers,

Wes

• You should be able to log in as the SQL Server account (the one running mssqlserver) and log into mail. If this doesn't work, you might have the pwd or somethig out of synch.

• One more things to do:

Log into the sql server using the sql service account that the sql server is running from.

Open outlook and see if you can send sample email from that server to yourself. 

mom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply