MSCS or Veritas VCS?

• Good morning 🙂

Have a new DW implmentation in the works. Several individuals in infrastruture are pushing Veritas VCS (perhaps even a similar product like NSI Doubletake) over MSCS for a large DW project running MSSQL/SSIS/SSAS. Any one have an experience with this? Any one have any feature comparisons and/or supportability issues between the two?

Thanks.

• This is something that interests me as well. We use MSCS because that's what we have experience with. Have they considered Polyserve as well?

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I'm working for Symantec 🙂 So we are being pushed to "eat our own dog food" if you know what I mean 🙂 My experience has been w/ MSCS exclusively.

• Just FYI - here is a quote from a collegue of mine; MS SQL TS for FL -

"VERITAS VCS is NOT supported by Microsoft. Is you have issues; we will do a best attempt to resolve your issue and might even ask you to reproduce the issue on a server that does not have VERITAS. But bottom line....you will have to rely on VERITAS for resolution despite what the vendor says."

Guess I have my answer 🙂

Thanks.

• Yeah, that's not surprising. So far as I am aware, they only support MSCS.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• i'd stick with mscs. with no supportability from ms if vcs breaks, is something that will keep me up at night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply