MSDB database Error

• During weekend, some of out backupjobs seemed to be failing. It came up with this error.

Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'pk_backupset_0C85DE4D'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'backupset'. Could not insert a backup or restore history/detail record in the msdb database. This may indicate a problem with the msdb database. The backup/restore operation was still successful. Backup or Restore operation successfully processed 641 pages in 0.135 seconds(38.843 MB/sec). The statement has been terminated.

I tried to run the backup manually through enterprise Manager or QA , same errors. And when I did it through EM, This errors came in error mssage box with heading 'Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLSTATE:23000)

I didn't know what to do, couldn't find any help. But I tried to test backup/restore after this message and they were successful. e.g. even though this message appears after backup, it really was taking backup and it restored to other server successsfully.

Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks.

• Silly but still good to look at it and need some info:

1.Was the job suceesfully executed prior to this error.

2. Were there any changes done to the job before it was executed when you got this error?

• Yes, Job worked fine before this and no changes were made. In fact I got this error when I didn't even use job to take the backup/restore DB.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply