Multiple inserts

• Seems like a pretty big form... any to split it in smaller forms???????

Also I still think that it's the best way to go.

• If you read the lengthy thread... is 5 forms... but should be an ALL or nothing kind of thing!!! that's why one sp makes sense!

* Noel

• Let me rephrase that... is there a way to break down this operation? Seems like a lot of stuff is going on and I do see all that many obvious links between them. But I could be wrong .

I just wouldn't want to be the guy who has to fill 112 fields to add a student.

• I just wouldn't want to be the guy who has to fill 112 fields to add a student.

I worked once for a pharmaceutical company and the Clients were Drs. We had to create a "save for the moment" table to let the doctor assistants finish their work from one day to the next... to the next...  untill all "required" FDA fields were completed mind you 300+   at that point all go in the "Actual" tables

* Noel

• I'm glad I don't have to code that monster up .

• Not so sure you wouldn't... those monster tend to pay big $$$

even when the Drs only provided all the necessary info after 5 - 10 days

* Noel

• also tell him that if he wants to be dba in your team then the right attitude is..."so what if it's a monster...I'll be happy to code it...as soon as i'm done i'll be ready to tackle the next monster you throw at me...sir...yes sir..."

i know i know noel - you're going to ask me again...i'm still struggling with that darn thing - it's getting tangled up between those pic #s and line #s...

btw...thank you for being my hero again!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Don't worry about my attitude... didn't come this far shying away from problems.

• don't have time to worry about anything except my own problems right now...

i was just teasing remi...i know how wonderful & capable you are...do i not call you the "resident genius" - there - are your hackles down now ?!

• Sushila-- don't need to thank me it feels good when you put peoples perspectives on the line and make the right thing

Remi -- I am sure you wouldn't shy away.

The attitude that worked for me over the years when facing VERY difficult problems, has been divide and conquer!!!

* Noel

• Then it'll be great working for you. So when's that junior job opening?

• I haven't promised anything ... yet

I am also as an employee as you are. Even though I do consulting on the side. If I get to see that the consulting potential goes above my perm position I'll be glad to bring you over but that does not happens overnight!

* Noel

• I know... don't want you to forget .

Anyways maybe I should fill those forms for my passport (God knows how long it takes to get one).

• mean this in all earnestness...no teasing involved at all...

if this ever happens that the two of you land up under the same roof I think the very air around you will crackle with the synergy!!!

• Do we have a Star Trek fan here???

Nice line .

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply