Multiple Lines per row in Tables?

• Any idea how to print multiple lines per row in a table?  I have a report where the sub report is multiple lines from a select statement (it's a custom quote).  However there are so many items per row that need to be displayed, I've had to put it in the subreport, but not in a table (because the table only allows one line per row).  This ultimately causes pagination errors when rendered to PDF.  Below is a depiction of how my report ends up looking.

Row  Qty   Product     Price  BegDate   EndDate

1        2     sql server   $900   1/1/06    12/31/06

REG Key: 104239857  Location Code

Customer Name:  Customer Address

2        1     Exc server   $900   1/1/06    12/31/06

3        5     sql CALS     $100   1/1/06    12/31/06

• Yes, you can have multiple detail lines on a report table. Make the source dataset is a single query that pulls all the columns required, in the first row place the quote data, on the second row the product info and the third the customer's.

Same thing with group levels: you can have multiple rows to display subtotals the same way.

Cesar

• Thanks.  You were spot on.  However, this did not fix my pagination problem with rendering to PDF. 

I thought I could control the table more, but it works the same as with no table....if there is more room on page 2, there is a point where a pdf rendered report will push all rows of data to page 2 leaving page 1 blank.  Anyone with ideas or suggestions on how to deal with this?

• The problems in the past that I had with blank pages were related to margins set too narrow,  where lines or fields "overflow" forcing a new blank page. Change the margins to allow plenty of room to test this out. If the blank pages disappear, then is a margin problem.

Or maybe one row from a subtotal group has the "force new page before" or "force new page after" property turned on incorrectly.

Good luck

Cesar

• Problem Solved at last!

I was careful with the margins, but that wasn't the problem.

I solved the problem by getting rid of the embedded subreport, and going to a single report with multiple datasets.  One dataset was used to query the header info and one for the detail info.  I then just put the fields for the header above a table with the detail information.  Amazingly enough, then when I ran my report with a render to PDF command, the page break problem dissapeared.  I'm pretty sure SRS was calculating the size of the subreport and if it saw that it woudl fit in the space on page 2, but not page 1, it would push the entire result set to page 2.

Thanks for all the input.  Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply