Multiple Replications on the same database

• Hi,

I have a server where a database on 2005 version is designed for merge replication. I am not any expert in merge but I believe data is processed both ways here and that is indeed the case when I confirmed from the DBA of that database.

Now, i have a task in my hand to create a near-real time copy of this database in my server which is a 2008 server. When I tried to configure transactional replication on it, the other DBA told me that in that process I broke his merge replication momentarily as transactional replication added some column in the tables which were designed for merge replication. I could not understand what he was trying to explain.

Can someone explain me if it is possible for a database which is involved in merge replication, to get involved in transactional replication too. If not, then what possibilities do I have in terms of replication technology.

Regards

Chandan

• [font="Times New Roman"]

Hi,

After configuring transaction replication, Just reitinilize the publication on which merge replication is being implemented and check whether it works.

i hope it will.

Regards,

Anil Kumar

[/font]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply