Multivalued parameter does not retain values

• I have a report with 10 parameters all multivalued except for one year parameter. There is one particular multivalued parameter which keeps giving the following error " default value or value provided for the report parameter is not a valid value " whenever all parameter values are selected.So, when you hit apply to the report parameters, this parameter becomes blank and does not retain values which have been selected while other parameters work fine. Sometimes it does accept all values and runs fine but sometimes it doesnt. I tried searching a lot but couldnt confirm if this is a bug or not or what is the resolution.

I tried rearranging the parameters to follow each other if there was dependency but had no luck. Need a solution ASAP. Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Harry

• Hi harry

Plz check once again the order of perameters,becz we had same problem with weekendingdate then we change the order of parameter, then we achieved the problem.

sank

• Hi,

verify the report parameters datatypes and stored procedure parameter datatypes.

Thanks,

Veeren.

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.
    Ignore this if you feel i am Wrong. 😉

• What is the order that needs to be followed? I have Year, Month, and Eight other parameters.

I tried to make Month cascaded from Year and the rest just multivalued. but still one particular parameter would blank out after hitting apply.

Now what I have done is made Month cascaded parameter on Year and all the rest cascaded based on year and month.

Have Year, Month, Rest of the parameters in that order..

Please advise..

Thanks,

Harry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply