My PC was switched off by someone else & now I cannot access Maintenance Plans, etc

• Hello People

Recently a person in the IT department decided in there wisdom to switch off my pc, which runs a local DBA SQL2005 Instance for Monitoring. Since then I have been getting error messages when I try to access maintenance plans , agents, alerts and so on.

I've run a dbcc checkdb against all my local dbs and they came back okay.

I've created a new backup maintenance plan and could not run it from the maintenance plan section under management studio. I could however run the job agent (which was successful).

On rebooting my PC the maintenance plan I had just created disappeared.

My questions are these -

Is something wrong with the msdb db ?

How do I know go about fixing the problem (I understand my previously created plans have gone, but I do have scripts so no big loss) ?

Does have SPs installed make any difference to the solution (Now my pc instance at SP3) ?

Thanks in Advance

Adonia

• That sounds strange. It almost sounds like some of the SQL files are corrupt. I might uninstall and reinstall the tools.

• Adonia Delavigne (2/10/2009)

Since then I have been getting error messages when I try to access maintenance plans , agents, alerts and so on.

What errors?

Does have SPs installed make any difference to the solution (Now my pc instance at SP3) ?

It's good for client and server to be on the same service pac, but since this is a local instance, that's not applicable.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply