Need a List of ASP.NET database error codes and messages

• Hello,

This forum was the closest I could find here and though it's an asp.net related question I hoping someone here can help.

I need a list of all the database related asp.net errors: codes and messages.

We need to improve error trapping in a sql server driven asp.net application.

But search as I may, I have not been able to just find a list of errors/exceptions.

Even MSDN failed me after a bunch of searching.

I appreciate all your help, please forgive me for stretching the topic a bit by posting here but I'm stuck.

thanks gang!

Skål - jh

• this isn't what you want to here, I'm sorry.

.NET does not use codes to identify it's exceptions like VB 6.0 did. In

.NET, everything you encounter is a "type", including exceptions. There are

many different "types" of exceptions and they have already been

"categorized" by inheritance and namespaces, so there's no need for you to

do it.

Just take a look at the Exception class documentation.

database errors, however, are all listed in the master.dbo.sysmessages view in 2005; all the errors that SQL might raise are there for a reference, but the problem you might encounter is is your DataAccess object might raise an exception that hides/masks the error from SQL Server, so you need to at least be aware of that.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• thanks so much for the tips, I'll check them out.

Very good to know, I appreciate the info. a lot!

Skål - jh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply