Need help in building this logic in reporting services

• We have different activity groups like CAD ( Cananda), UK etc where the user can select any of the activity groups for reporting. There is an one amount field that gets populated in the report.

There are two amount fields in the database table one which populates the native currency and the other in US currency. Currently the amount field in the report is populated with the currency in USD irrespective of whatever activity group it belongs to.

Now I need to add a currencyname parameter which allows the user to select the values of currency so that the amount field gets populated with the right currency amount.

Eg:  When the user selects Activity group as CAD - then the currency name parameter should prompt both CAN and USD values to select. If I select CAN currency then the amount field should populate with the amount in Candian currency  else if I select USD it should populate in US currency.

Activity group is UK -  then in the report the parameter should prompt for GBP and USD to select. Same as earlier if I select GBP then the amount field should populate with UK currency else if the select USD in US currency.

Please help.

• 1. Add Two Report parameters, ActivityGroup and Currency.

2. Create a Data Set Ds_AG, Query for the available ActivityGroup from your database.Populate ActivityGroup Parameter with this DataSet.

3. Create Another Data Set CurrencyGroup and write a query to get available currency Codes for corresponding ActivityGroup (By passing ActivityGroup Parameter in Query : where ActivityGroup=@ActivityGroup).Populate Currency Parameter by this DataSet

Now you can populate Report based on Currency Parameter.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply