need help in query

• hello everyone, i m using SQLServer 2000, here are my tables:

Tolling Vehicle Categories

Tolling Vehicle CategoryCode int

Tolling Vehicle CategoryName varchar(50)

ParentID int

DefaultTollAmount money

Description varchar(50)

Transactions

TransactionID int

ShiftID (FK) int

TollAmount money

ChargedAmount money

ShiftsInformation:

ShiftID int

ShiftStatus

TollAmountCollected

ShiftOpenedDate

ShiftClosedDate

SELECT dbo.TollingVehicleCategories.TollingVehicleCategoryCode, dbo.TollingVehicleCategories.TollingVehicleCategoryName,

COUNT(dbo.Transactions.TransactionID) AS [Total Vehicles], ISNULL(SUM(dbo.Transactions.ChargedAmount), 0) AS [Total Amount]

FROM dbo.Transactions RIGHT OUTER JOIN

dbo.TollingVehicleCategories ON dbo.Transactions.VehicleCategoryCode = dbo.TollingVehicleCategories.TollingVehicleCategoryCode

WHERE (dbo.TollingVehicleCategories.ParentID = 0) AND dbo.[Transactions].[ShiftID]=46

GROUP BY dbo.TollingVehicleCategories.TollingVehicleCategoryName, dbo.TollingVehicleCategories.TollingVehicleCategoryCode,

dbo.TollingVehicleCategories.TollingVehicleCategoryName

here IS my query, now it shows ALL reocrd which IS IN ON the TABLE [TollingVehicleCategories], i want TO show ALL record OF that TABLE so thats

y i m using RIGHT OUTER JOIN , now i want TO make SOME fileters IN the WHERE clause AS FOR example

WHERE (dbo.TollingVehicleCategories.ParentID = 0) AND dbo.TRANSACTIONs.ShiftID =46

now i got the 2 records, AS my TRANSACTION TABLE 2 ids are present FOR Shoft IF 46, but i need my query shows ALL let say 3 records FROM the

TollingVehicleCategories TABLE AND the columns TotalVehicles AND TotalAmount IN my query , they both showed 0 (data) AS no data FOR shiftid 46.

here IS the result my query shows without the filter SHiftid= 46:

TollingVehicleCategoryCode TollingVehicleCategoryName TotalVehicles TotalAmount

1 Car 1 10.0000

6 Wagon 1 40.0000

9 ABC 0 0.0000

AND after adding this IN WHERE clause my query returns:

1 Car 1 10.0000

6 Wagon 1 40.0000

i need my query RETURNS after adding ShiftID =46 IN the WHERE clause:

1 Car 1 10.0000

6 Wagon 1 40.0000

9 ABC 0 0

plz tell me how i do this, TO achieve this i need 2 query OR used CURSOR, IF i need TO write CURSOR FOR this THEN how

i write AS i m new IN cursors. Plz help me AND reply me asap.

Thanx IN Advance.

• Conceptually in SQL the FROM clause is evaluated first and then the results are filtered by the WHERE clause.

Think about what you are doing! Will NULL = 46 ever be true?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply