Need Help Pulling Data from an Oracle Database

• Can someone tell me how I can use SSIS to connect to and extract data from an Oracle database usaing SSIS? Our security folks won't allow a password embedded in the connection manager so i can't use connection manager to input uid & pwd (Or I don't think so?... am I wrong?).

I am needing an alternative to this and would appreciate any suggestions and possible examples from this forum.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:-)

• You can store the username and password in a configuration file/table and use package configurations to alter the connection manager.

Unless there's a way to use some sort of Windows Authentition to Oracle or use connections that do not require a password (can't you store the password in the TNSNAMES?)

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• I suggest having your Oracle DBA set up a user and password specifically for your SSIS package…I’m assuming READ only will put your security folks at ease. After you install the Oracle tools and drivers then you can create your Oracle connection using the Oracle Net Manager. The connection you create here will be the same you will call in the SSIS connection manager.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply