Need Help with a Question

• suhailtajraja (8/9/2011)

interview

What the interviewer was trying to ask, almost certainly, was for the names of the two pseudo-tables that are visible within triggers and nowhere else.

A google search for that (pseudo table trigger) is almost certain to turn useful information up.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • @SQLFRNDZ (8/9/2011)

suhailtajraja (8/9/2011)

I am referring to system tables accessible from DML triggers. please name them.

SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE type='S'

Execute this on a any database you are reffering to gives the list of system tables.

Just a FYI, we try to avoid answering interview, homework question. I don't mind doing it, but I just wait 24 hours just to make sure I don't give a free pass to someone who's then going to [try to] take my job.

I still answer those for the people googling for a specific problem later on.

• GilaMonster (8/9/2011)

suhailtajraja (8/9/2011)

interview

What the interviewer was trying to ask, almost certainly, was for the names of the two pseudo-tables that are visible within triggers and nowhere else.

A google search for that (pseudo table trigger) is almost certain to turn useful information up.

Is they are Inserted and deleted ? just makng sure ...Thanks

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

• @SQLFRNDZ (8/9/2011)

GilaMonster (8/9/2011)

suhailtajraja (8/9/2011)

interview

Is they are Inserted and deleted ? just makng sure ...Thanks

Of course. We're letting him do his own research. You usually learn more that way.

• Oh Okey , i'm sorry then

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

• @SQLFRNDZ (8/9/2011)

Oh Okey , i'm sorry then

Don't be.

I'm just explaining the hidden reason behind our lack of answers on a very simple question. If you really want to hang around here you need to understand why we do that.

• I already research a lot about it. I was not just find a clear point about this question.

• My link still works. I strongly recommend you at least look at the code samples.

• http://www.google.co.za/search?q=%22SQL+Server%22+trigger+pseudo+table

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply