Need Login credentials details

• Hi,

I had restored the database from sqlserver 2000 to Sqlserver 2008 server. we ran the application

some login credential issue occurred.. we have a number of logins and users are available in sqlserver 2000. So I need a script to fetch the login credential details with permission from sqlserver 2000 and run to sqlserver 2008..

If any body having script.. kindly drop me. what are the steps i would follow while i 'm going to run the script.

Thanks

Balaji.G

• Balaji, can you post the actual error you're getting? I think I followed your predicament but it would help to see the actual error.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Hi,

I had restored a db name as rescon to sqlserver 2008.. actually it was sqlserver 2000 database..I tested one of the SP.. its getting error.. Invalid object name..

In sqlserver 2000.. the schema name is rescon only.. In 2008.. the schema name is dbo

Afterwards i just modified the sp like databasename.schema.tablename.. then only it will execute the

SP.. its difficult for us..

Is it possible to change the schema name rescon instead of dbo in sqlserver 2008..

Thanks

Balaji.G

• Ah! So, to clarify, you're looking for a script or some other way to change all your objects from dbo.object to rescon.object?

Such as dbo.TableA to Rescon.TableA?

And you want to do this for all objects?

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

• I want do for all objects.. I think its difficult..

Can you tell is there any alternate solution..

Thanks

Balaji.G

• Here's a link to an article that describes what you're looking for:

http://weblogs.asp.net/steveschofield/archive/2005/12/31/change-schema-name-on-tables-and-stored-procedures-in-sql-server-2005.aspx

It was the second link when I typed in at google: ms sql change object schema.

😀

The command you're looking for is ALTER SCHEMA, and with a little dynamic sql off the sysobjects table you should be able to build a script that you can copy from the results pane and run in another window.

To quote:

SELECT 'ALTER SCHEMA dbo TRANSFER ' + s.Name + '.' + p.Name FROM sys.Procedures p INNER JOIN

sys.Schemas s on p.schema_id = s.schema_id WHERE s.Name = 'CHANGE_ME_Username'

/* OR */

declare @OldOwner varchar(100) declare @NewOwner varchar(100) set @OldOwner = 'OldOwner' set @NewOwner = 'NewOwner' select 'sp_changeobjectowner ''[' + table_schema + '].[' + table_name + ']'', ''' + @NewOwner + ''' go from information_schema.tables where Table_schema = @OldOwner

- Craig Farrell

• Thanks a lot Craig

By

Balaji.G

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply