Need Reason for having different names for same Connection ?

• HI,

I have DTS package which has different names for same Connection..I need to know Y have they named differently for same connection?

EG:

Connection name ODS1,ODS2,ODS3 which are pointing to ODS database with different connection names and these connections are used in different Execute SQL tasks in same package.

Is any body there to help me out???

• I guess your each DTS has to call different endpoint connections for data reteriving. For e.g., osd1 is trying to fetch the values from excel, similiarly others might also try to fetch the values from different sources of data like (text,access,oracle,db2) stuff etc.,

So, Not to have confusions among multiple DTS package under 1 roof, they have named it in such a manner. Check with your Sr.DBA/Architect on this.

• Thanks for your reply , but they have not named DTS files liek i specified, they have such names for UDL's inside one DTS package pointing to same Database. do you know what might me the reason?

• If they are all pointing to the same database, then a likely reason is parallelism. A connection can only be used by one task at a time. If you have multiple tasks running, then you need multiple connections.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply