need reply urgenttttttttttt for a login in securable option in sql server it is commming value doesnot fall within the range (.sqlmgmt) how to solve this

• when right clickin one sql server login (sql sqlauthentication ) properties when clicking on securable option it is commming value doesnot fall within the range

(.sqlmgmt) how to solve this

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• Which SQL Management Studio version are you on?

I've seen this on SSMS's that just needed a CU or SP loaded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• IN ssms 2005 production server

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• any errors from log you can provide?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• there is no errors in error log or in even log bt i have attachment of that screen shots and dont know how to attch in sql server central .com

its is poping up when iam clicking the mouse onsecurable option it is coming value doesnot fall out of range (.sqmgt) like this it is coming...... and if u can suggest ur mail id ican send it to uu frm my gmail

Thanks&regards

Rohitkumar

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• I can't figure out what you are talking about at all. Perhaps you should walk us through each step you are doing so we can try and recreate the problem as well.

• in one productions sql server

1.instance name ibsever

inthis login name ececaltadm it is having access on three databases,among them in ececdb02 database i was asked by the application team to give permission on two view in the database ececdb02 i had given permission as per their requirement among the process of monitoring i found tat in when i am going into main secuity folder and then right clicking on ececaldm login properties in that when iam clikcing on securables option it is displaying

"" value doesnot fall with in the expected range.(SqlMgmt)"" this is the pop up window iam getting.. please kindly send ur mail id by that i can send screenshots which i have regarding this

thanks&regards

Rohitkumar

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• Please run SELECT @@VERSION and post results.

• Microsoft SQL server 2005 -9.00.4035.00(intel X86)

gv ur mail id ivl send the screenshot by which u can get clear idea what iam saying

thanks&regards

Rohitkumar

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• You can upload the screenshot in the forum.

You are still running SP3 for SQL 2005. A simple SP4 upgrade should fix the component of SSMS that's not functioning.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=7218

• we are working in clinet location in banking environment so its not possible from my opinion its very long process to get license to all and if u can share ur mail id ivl send to u the images whichihave its better ithnk so

thanks&regards

Rohitkumar

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• we are working in clinet location in banking environment so its not possible from my opinion its very long process to get license to all and if u can share ur mail id ivl send to u the images whichihave its better ithnk so

Not following you.

• ok just send our mail id to naga.rohitkumar@gmail.com ivl send the information to u in ur mail id along with attachments

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

• naga.rohitkumar (4/13/2012)

ok just send our mail id to naga.rohitkumar@gmail.com ivl send the information to u in ur mail id along with attachments

Put the screen shots into a zip file and upload here. Sorry, I am not giving you my personal or work email address.

• In first attachment it is coming error in securable option

in second option security privileges changed and unable to roll back i need how can we uncheck the db_ddladmin in owned schemas

Thanks
    Naga.Rohitkumar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply