Needs help on backups.

• Hi all,

Please read the following senario and please provide me some help.

Yesterday i have taken full backup on old server and restored on new server.But by mistake i did not stop the IIS on old server and used by the customer.At this point they were inserted some data on old server application.

After some time they realized that they have to use the new server application and presently they are using that one but they did not insert the data which was inserted in old server.

Now i want to get that data which was inserted in old server.

Could any one help me on this?

Database model was in simple recovery model only on oldserver.

Any suggestion would be very helpful to me...

Thanks,

Bagath

• I'd look at third party data comparison tools that will show you the exact differences. These tools will also help you to migrate those differences in data. I assume the number of changes are minor, and you would need to read through them anyway to ensure that the new data in your database is consistent.

Regards,

Andras

Andras Belokosztolszki, MCPD, PhD
    GoldenGate Software

• No tools available here.....

any other way through the backups....?

Thanks,

Bagath

• Backup the database from the old server and restore it to a different database on the new server.

Then you can do a simple outer join between the tables and insert any missing data.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• There are more tables invovled during the operations....

Even do not know which module(s) they had used.....

Thanks,

• If you don't know what tables were affected by the changes, you can't do anything without some tool that's designed for it.

Maybe you don't have any at the moment, but surely you could look for them somewhere. It should be quicker than trying to write such tool by yourself. I'm afraid that is your only option, except that you can tell to the customer "sorry, you have lost your data".

• Ya sure..

I will try to compare the data and also will try to get the info from the customers,what they were done?

I think this is a big task for me....Pchhhhhhhhhhh 🙂

Any way thanks a lot to all for your valuable time and sugeestions....

Cheers Members....

Bagath

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply