.Net 4.0 dll in scripttask

• Hello,

I am currently trying to get an .net 4.0 dll into an scripttask. I do know that SSIS only supports frameworks up to .Net 3.5, but I cant convert the dll as there are many functionalities from the 4.0 framework that I need.

Is there another option to get the dll into my scripttask like some kind of wrapper or somehow use a webservice (interoperability), but I have no clue how to do this. I already tried to make another class/console application which imports the dll and imported this file into the scripttask, but obviously this doesn't work neither with 4.0 nor with 3.5.

I'm a big newbie when it comes to SSIS and I didnt develop the dll. Heck I dont even have the project files.

Would be nice if you guys could help me out here, because I'm pretty much clueless right now.

• The only way you can use .NET 4.0 libraries in your scripts is to use SQL 2012, which is not yet officially released.

You might be able to get it working with web services, but the effort you have to devote is big.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• Thank you for the quick answer. I guess I'll have to make use of webservice. Just have read a little into it as I don't have a clue about it.

I'd rather download the RC for SQL 2012, but I don't know whether we are going to buy the final version when it's released.

Anyways: Thank you 🙂

EDIT: Found another option. I am going to make a console application and run it in ssis with the task "execute process" (or something like that. I own the german version).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply