new Cumulative Security patch for sql2000

• Hi,

The following has just been released.

MS03-031 : Cumulative Patch for Microsoft SQL Server (815495)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-031.asp

Of note, SQL2000 Sp2 with the Cumulative Security Patch upgrade has been superseded.

Brian

• At least this install is an automated package like the re-release on ms02-061.

No more manually coping files.

Steven

• The SQL 2000 patch changes the version number to 8.00.818

Has anyone installed the SQL7 SP4 patch yet?

If so can you let me know what the new version number for that is

thanks

Steven

• hi,

the SQL 7.0 SP4 version is 7.00.1094 for MS03-031

Paul

• Thanks for the info

Steven

Steven

• With just SP4 it is 7.00.1063

• Does anyone have a reference for log error codes? My (supposedly successful) installation recorded error codes of 2 and 997 which I believe are related to the fact that I had stopped SQL before installing but I'd like to confirm this hunch.

Everett

Everett Wilson
    ewilson10@yahoo.com

• Anyone knows how to perform silent installation of this patch? Thanks.

• See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330391 for uninstall and command line information.

Steven

• quote:

Does anyone have a reference for log error codes? My (supposedly successful) installation recorded error codes of 2 and 997 which I believe are related to the fact that I had stopped SQL before installing but I'd like to confirm this hunch.

997 (Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.) Is nothing to worry about. Just means that during the install the process was using Overlapped IO and the process was pending completion at that point. It will complete later.

2 (The system cannot find the file specified.) Means that it was searching for a file and did not find it. Most likely just validating that a particualr file did not already exist before it put the file out there, if does then it would need to validate version and so on.

• Thanks Antares for the information.

Everett

Everett

Everett Wilson
    ewilson10@yahoo.com

• Has anyone applied this yet? If so, any adverse affect to processing?

Terry

Terry

• I applied it to a test server just fine. I applied it to a soon to be new SQL Server and it did not update the version # nor copy all of the files but it said successful. My support provider is reviewing.

• I've applied both the 7 and 2000 patchs to a few servers, and the version number was updated fine.

Steven

• quote:

Has anyone applied this yet? If so, any adverse affect to processing?

Terry

I've applied this to all of my servers in development, test, and production. We're still running SQL Server 7.0 on NT4. The only things that I've noticed with the install in our environment is that sometimes the hotfix wouldn't restart the SQL Server Agent at the end of the installation. I would then have to cancel the hotfix, reboot the server, and then install the hotfix again. Worked great the 2nd time around.

The other problem we ran into is documented here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=823492

This KB article talks about problems you may have if you're running SQL Server 7 or 2000 in an Windows NT environment.

Jason

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply