New install of 6.5 problem

• Hey,

I have just been moving a database from one Server (6.5) to another. I did an install of SQL Server 6.5, but as soon as I register the server with the ent manager, it says the MSDB is suspect. I needed to restore the database from the other server in a hurry, so I did that and all works ok. However, this MSDB is worrying me as I won`t be able to schedule any backups or anything.

Has anyone got any ideas why it would be suspect as soon as the server is installed??

Cheers,

Andy.

• Is this W2K srever? There are some issues with installing 6.5 on 2k. There is a wokraround on Technet somewhere.

I'd stick with v4.0 or run SS2K in 6.5 mode.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• No it`s on a WINNT 4.0 box with SP6a.

Do you recommend running sp_resetstatus?? All the device files etc seem there and ok? It`s pretty weird how it should happen with the install??

The databases are working fine, problem is, I won`t be able to schedule any backups!

Andy.

• Should not cause any harm even if it does not work.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• This is true, thats why I wasn`t too bothered. Can`t schedule anything but I`ll just do it thru a TSQL Job scheduled on a v7 Server.

Cheers guys.

Andy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply