new server registration disappearing

• hope someone can help. i am in school learning sql server 2000. im in charge of updating databases and security and users. anyway we have about 40 clients. I went through and did the new sever registration. I tried connecting and connected with database with no problem. The registration wizard says that after registering it will stay. however at night the machines are shut down. I have to go back through and use the wizard and register the clients again. How come the registration doesnt stay when we shut them down at night?? the clients that is..  Please help thanks tom

• Tom

First I need to ask if your registration logins are integrated windows accounts or strictly SQL accounts? Secondly, is there any reason why you shut down your machines at night?

Eric

• hey eric,

they are strictly sql accounts. that was how i was told to do it. Secondly they are shut down i believe just to save power. I know they arent reimaging or anything. I will find out for sure at 1 pm today. thanks for taking the time to help me. tom

• Tom

If they are stricly SQL accounts then are you connecting to the server via an IP address? Is the server a fixed IP or DHCP?

• hey guys just want to say thanks.

i got it figured out. We have a novell network. I just wasnt given enough clout. Upped me to administrator. Now the registration will not dissapear after shutting down. Thanks again. Hope i can help someone in the future. tom

•  No Problem, that is what we are here for. Glad that everything worked out.

Eric

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply