New SQL Server Development Tool

• Hi All,

We are very close to releasing a new SQL Server utility product. The product works well with the databases we have tried, but we would like additional verification. We are looking for a few people who would be interested in a free license in exchange for trying the product with a database they understand very well and giving us some feedback.

Here's a URL to learn more about the product... http://www.DBGizmo.com

If you are interested in trying the product, please tell us these things about your database:

which version - SQL Server 2000/2005/2008

approximate number of tables

approximate number of SQL routines (views, functions, stored procedures)

Please send any questions, comments, or feedback to [feedback at dbgizmo.com].

Thanks!

Creator of SQLFacts, a free suite of tools for SQL Server database professionals.

• Before I get any complaints, I approved this posting.

If you're interested in trying out the product, please email the poster above.

• I have downloaded it gonna give it a try

It looks........... complicated 😛 but powerful

SQLServerNewbie MCITP: Database Administrator SQL Server 2005
  • Hi All,

The new SQL Server utility product, DBGizmo, has been released!

We added a few new features, fixed a few bugs, and cleaned up the UI. Check it out...

Thanks!

Creator of SQLFacts, a free suite of tools for SQL Server database professionals.

• Error after setup.

I get an error that states the following.

The type of the first permission that failed was:

System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission

The Zone of the assembly that failed was:

Internet

Exception Text **************

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.UIPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)

at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Focus()

at d.n(Object A_0, PaintEventArgs A_1)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The action that failed was:

Demand

The type of the first permission that failed was:

System.Security.Permissions.UIPermission

The Zone of the assembly that failed was:

Internet

• I'm sorry you had trouble.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Error after setup" because there is no setup process. You simply open the application file. Where do you have the application file on your local system? I have seen .NET applications fail miserably if they are located in places like the Temporary Internet Files folder. The application tries to create a settings file in the same location as the application file, but I suspect things are falling apart before the application's error handling ever has a chance to kick in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply