New to SQL and Need Help

• I am still new to SQL and I need help in trying to turn the following select code below into a SP and then have the output that is given output to a .csv file onto the desktop or in a folder location. Does anyone know if that is possible or can be done? The code below does give me the output I need, put I have to copy and paste it into excel at the present moment and I want to get away from that.

select

cust_code,

SUM (case when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) and (type = 'C') and substring (user_def_fld1, 1, 4) in ('1010')

then

(price * (cr_shipped * -1))

when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) and (type <> 'C') and substring (user_def_fld1, 1, 4) in ('1010')

then

(SHIPPED * PRICE)

else 0 end) as TenTenSales,

SUM (case when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) and (type = 'C') and substring (user_def_fld1, 1, 4) in ('1010')

then

((cr_shipped * -1) * (PRICE - COST))

when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) and (type <> 'C') and substring (user_def_fld1, 1, 4) in ('1010')

THEN

SHIPPED * (PRICE - COST)

else 0 end) as TenTenGP,

SUM (case when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) and (type = 'C')

then

when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) and (type <> 'C')

then

(SHIPPED * PRICE)

else 0 end) as CYTDSales,

SUM (case when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) and (type = 'C')

then

when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) and (type <> 'C')

THEN

SHIPPED * (PRICE - COST)

else 0 end) as CYTDGP,

SUM (case when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) -1 and (type = 'C') AND

((month (date_entered) < month (getdate())) OR ((month (date_entered) = month (getdate()) and (day (date_entered) <= DAY (GETDATE())-1))))

then

when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) -1 and (type <> 'C') and

((month (date_entered) < month (getdate())) OR ((month (date_entered) = month (getdate()) and (day (date_entered) <= DAY (GETDATE())-1) )))

then

(SHIPPED * PRICE)

else 0 end) as PYTDSales,

SUM (case when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) -1 and (type = 'C') and

((month (date_entered) < month (getdate())) OR ((month (date_entered) = month (getdate()) and (day (date_entered) <= DAY (GETDATE())-1))))

then

when year (date_entered) = YEAR(GETDATE()) -1 and (type <> 'C') and

((month (date_entered) < month (getdate())) OR ((month (date_entered) = month (getdate()) and (day (date_entered) <= DAY (GETDATE())-1 ))))

THEN

SHIPPED * (PRICE - COST)

else 0 end) as PYTDGP

from orders_ALL ords

JOIN ORD_LIST AS OL ON OL.ORDER_NO = ORDS.ORDER_NO AND EXT = ORDER_EXT

join inv_master as im on im.part_no = ol.part_no

--JOIN ARMASTER_ALL AS AR ON CUST_CODE = CUSTOMER_CODE AND ADDRESS_TYPE = 0

where ORDS.status not in ('V') AND

YEAR(date_entered) > YEAR(GETDATE()) - 2

and im.status = 'P' and cust_code <> '80990000'

GROUP BY cust_code

ORDER BY cust_code

• To change this into a procedure, read the CREATE PROCEDURE entry from BOL (Books OnLine).

To create the file, read about the bcp utility.

You could also create the file by using SSIS. You can even create the SSIS package through the Import/Export wizard.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Once you've created the Stored Procedure as has been suggested, in addition to using bcp you could also use the SQLCMD utility to execute the stored procedure and output the results to file or probably even more elegant and somewhat more flexible you could use Powershell...

If you need help with any of the suggested approaches you can always post back.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply