New Year's Eve Query

• See, this is why it's probably a good thing TSQL can't be used in this way.

My first thought was, 'SELECT?!?! Heck, DELETE would be FAR more useful for actually solving the problem..." πŸ˜‰ I just hope like heck someone architected reality with a delete trigger that does something safe with the vehicle when a driver in traffic is deleted... (I don't think the vehicles need a trigger. I'm setting up cameras on the Interstates to snap pictures at midnight to watch the fun when drivers in traffic are suddenly orphaned by deleted vehicles. I'll make a mint on coffee table books!)

And HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

• If someone says that the registration date is more useful in their country and that this is an American-centric difficult question I will scream.

• jeff.mason (12/30/2011)

If someone says that the registration date is more useful in their country and that this is an American-centric difficult question I will scream.

Well it did say that it was about American drivers.

:hehe:

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• bliadhna fo mhaise dhuibh uile / happy new year everyone

Tom

If someone says that the registration date is more useful in their country and that this is an American-centric difficult question I will scream.

LOL!!! πŸ˜€

---------------
    Mel. 😎

• Happy New Year everyone! Cheers πŸ™‚

• Happy New Year !

Let's celebrate the beginning of (hopefully) a far better year. May all your backups and DBCC checkdb results be excellent. πŸ˜€

• Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Now, let me see - I should be able to think up some reason to say that. I sure hope you enjoy screaming! :hehe:

No, I've tried so hard it's making my brain hurt, and I'm getting nowhere. πŸ™

But wait a minute - didn't the USA (or most of it) just recently bring that number down from .15 to .08? Thus bringing it into line with the UK and with some other places (and with what it used to be in yet more places before they reduced it still further)? So maybe I could go down the "the only time Americans do something sensible is when they copy what some part of the rest of the world has done" track instead? A bit (a rather large bit) far fetched, of course, but that wouldn't matter at all if it gave you an enjoyable screaming experience! :w00t:

Tom

• L' Eomot InversΓ© (12/30/2011)

jeff.mason (12/30/2011)

Now, let me see - I should be able to think up some reason to say that. I sure hope you enjoy screaming! :hehe:

No, I've tried so hard it's making my brain hurt, and I'm getting nowhere. πŸ™

But wait a minute - didn't the USA (or most of it) just recently bring that number down from .15 to .08? Thus bringing it into line with the UK and with some other places (and with what it used to be in yet more places before they reduced it still further)? So maybe I could go down the "the only time Americans do something sensible is when they copy what some part of the rest of the world has done" track instead? A bit (a rather large bit) far fetched, of course, but that wouldn't matter at all if it gave you an enjoyable screaming experience! :w00t:

Well, you could also go down the route that not every state in the US has the same blood alcohol limits.

Learn Extended Events

• But at least we aren't arguing whether turkey is or is not more "Christmasy" than reindeer or some such thing. Pretty much everyone knows drunkenness is a standard part of NYE for many people. Not sure that is a GOOD thing, but there you go.

But at least we aren't arguing whether turkey is or is not more "Christmasy" than reindeer or some such thing. Pretty much everyone knows drunkenness is a standard part of NYE for many people. Not sure that is a GOOD thing, but there you go.

LOL

πŸ˜€

Learn Extended Events

• FAO Jeff.Mason:

Here goes, I am going to say it Jeff - yes indeed, it is an American centric question, and the date was also in American format.

I got the points on a guess, but seven points is alot to have to attempt to gain when locale puts the candidate at a disadvantage.

Now, did I hear that scream?

Ken.

You never know: reading my book: "All about your computer" might just tell you something you never knew!
    lulu.com/kaspencer

• HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2012

My family didn't allow me to drive ......

• A bit late, but happy new year anyway!

(is checking for drivers who drive too fast not in the security emphasis of US cops?)

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply