No maint plans

• I have a machine on whcih sql server 2000 (8.00.818) is installed.

It has sp3 and it is workgroup edition.

I am trying to see any maint plans, but i am not able to see it or create a new one.

Is it available on this edition of sql server?

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Yes, maintenance plans were available in 2000. My guess is that you are lacking permissions to see / create those at this point.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• David Benoit (2/25/2011)

Yes, maintenance plans were available in 2000. My guess is that you are lacking permissions to see / create those at this point.

I cant see it maybe because they aren't created...

But if i right click on maint plans, there is no option of creating one....

..I get the options as

view history,

reports

refresh......

I am logged in as sa.

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Is is possible that sa is not actually a part of the sysadmin server role? Can you check?

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• David Benoit (2/25/2011)

Is is possible that sa is not actually a part of the sysadmin server role? Can you check?

On the server level, sa has sysadmin checked..

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Hmmm, definitely odd. The only other thing that I can think of is that maybe the SSMS version that you are running somehow prevents you being able to create a maintenance plan on a 2000 instance. I don't have a 2000 instance to play with so I can't test that though.

I am certain if you have sysadmin permissions then you should have the ability to create them.

Hopefully someone else has some other suggestions.

David

@SQLTentmaker

• @ David..

Can it be that i have sql 2005 sp4 installed on my local machine..tht is preventing me to do tht stuff?

What i am doing is that :- I open ssms, then in the server name , i write the ip to connect to tht server hosting sql 2000 instance..

and choose sql server authentication with sa....

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• That is the only other thought that I can come up with at this point however I can't confirm that. Can you get to a machine that has the 2000 client tools? Maybe on the server itself? It would be nice to confirm that is the issue anyway.

David

@SQLTentmaker

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply