No Menu in Reportmanager?

• Hi,

i initially logged in to my locally installed Reporting Server. But there is no Menu. I see no Items like "New Folder", "Upload Report" etc.

I believe it is a matter of privileges, but I don't no where to set them?

Thanks for your help.

Tobe

• If you have the rights to create rights, there should be a link in the upper right corner of the reports management page for "Site Settings". That's where you control rights and such from.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• No, there isn't.. 😉

• Are you a local admin on the computer SSRS is running on?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Yes I am. It's Windows 7, perhaps this is the cause?

• That wouldn't be it. At least not directly. I'm running SSRS 2008 on Win 7 on my desktop right now, and it works there.

I had to handle something similar on a server recently, but I didn't keep the bookmarks on the pages I used to solve it. I just did a Bing search for "SSRS security" and dug my way through pages. There was at least one registry edit to make, if I remember correctly.

Property of The Thread

• Meanwhile I found out, if I start internet explorer "as Administrator", it works. If I just doubleclick ie I have the described problem.

So, I think, the cause is found.

Thank you!

• Cool biz.

Property of The Thread

• THANK YOU!! I am also running Windows 7 and have been trying to figure out this same problem myself for weeks. I thought it had something to do with SQL security roles but I was getting nowhere. Running Explorer as administrator did it. :-):-):-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply