Not able to add user

• Hi,

I am not able to add an user in master database. i have login as 'sa'. It is really strange, why i am not able to perform the action though i have login as sa.

Can anyone help me please ?

Sandeep Lad

• Not really sure, you haven't told us much. Are you getting an error of some sort? If so, what is the error you are receiving? That would go a long way to helping you solve your problem.

• Invalid object name 'msdb.dbo.sec_UserMail'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 208)

Sandeep Lad

• Looks to me like that may be a third party or in-house routine. I'm not familiar with it and a search of the web on Google and Yahoo don't seem to pull anything up with that name.

The error you are getting is telling you that that procedure does not exist in the msdb database.

• Thanks Lynn.

It is quite strange. There is only one option remain to check that is it cause of SharePoint Search configuration.

Keep posting if you find anything.

Regards,

Sandeep Lad

• On SQL 2005 Server while dropping the login id its giving.

the below error..

Msg 229, Level 14, tate 5, Procedure ddl_trig_login, Line 36

The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'sec_UserMail', database 'msdb' , schema 'dbo'.

Msg 229, Level 14, tate 5, Procedure ddl_trig_login, Line 36

The DELETE permission was denied on the object 'sec_UserMail', database 'msdb' , schema 'dbo'.

• The trigger ddl_trig_login is trying to insert a row while doing login deletion. Please either delete the trigger or get the permission to select and insert on the table 'sec_UserMail' on msdb.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply