Not Enough Storage Hell

• I've got this problem which has got me really really annoyed:

I have created some DTS packages on SQL Server on my test machine, which worked fine.

In the morning I saved all my packages onto the deployment server from my test machine. Then I changed the settings of each package (ie. the SQL Server Name of the Connections, Log File locations etc.).

But the problem is that when I try to execute the packages (Well, actually the first package of the sequence), It gives me the following message:

Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

But the server is a high end one which is having twice the memory (1GB) and twice the hard disk capacity (80GB) and having an Intel Xeon 2.8GHz processor as opposed to the test machine's Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz.

Hmm... What could it be...???

This is an update:

I have figured out what is causing this, but I have no reason or workaround.

When there are Lookups in the package, the above problem crops up. But once I remove the Lookups the task executes. But I can't live without those lookups, since I have a whole lot of DTS Packages, which have a lot of tasks, which in turn have 2 - 7 lookups.

Please Help!!!

• What SQL Service pack do you have installed? Try this hotfix.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889170

Andy.

• I'm using SP3.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply