Not enough storage is available to process this command

• I have a pull subscription job which pulls recods from table x frm server A.This job is failing due to error "Not enough storage is available to process this command' for last 3 days

I have 4 other similar jobs which fetches records from different table ,but in same database.

I am wondering what is the possible cause of this issue.

Any one have any idea on this ?

• I would have a look at how much space is used in table x, compared with the other jobs

• Question:  Is this SQL Server 2000 SP3 ?

IF so, then Upgrade to SP3a, or SP4.   The sp3a upgrade and above had a fix for the memory problem if it is indeed the one you have.

To determine whether you have SP3 or SP3a installed, look at the version number of the Net-Library file, Ssnetlib.dll. If the version number of this file is 2000.80.760.0, you have SP3; if the version number of this file is 2000.80.766.0, you have SP3a.

Assuming that an instance was installed using the default settings, you can find the Ssnetlib.dll file in one of these locations:

Default instance: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Binn\Ssnetlib.dll
    Named instance: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$<InstanceName>\Binn\Ssnetlib.dll

To find out whether you have the SP3 or SP3a setup folders, open the SP3Readme.htm file and read the first page. The service pack version, SP3a or SP3, is listed at the top of the first page.

• Hi, we have the same problem here using sp_OA Automation in a SQL Server 2000 SP4 , restarting SQL Server solves de problem but's only for a limited time (about 1 day).

The problem begins 3 months ago. And the server disk space, memory, processor etc. looks fine. ¿any ideas?

Best Regards

Chagongo

• See KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897572/en-us

FIX: You may receive a memory-related error message when you repeatedly create and destroy an out-of-process COM object within the same batch or stored procedure in SQL Server 2000

It recommends to upgrade to sp4.  If you do upgrade, also apply the post-sp4 hotfix, build 2187 for further stability.

Regards,

Ronna Williams

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply