NULL Date = 30/12/1899

• Null dates are showing up as 30/12/1899 when i view the data in my cube. How do get rid of this.

Cheers

Alan

• Is there any default specified for the field?

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

--------------------

• nah no default values, its a MS thing, its a long story. for some reason they just decided to make null = 30/12/1899

its the same thing with access databases.

• Hmmm ... it'd have to be an Analysis Services default. Can you do some sort of display formula? Like only display the date if its > 1/1/1900.

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

--------------------

• Are you sure that there hasn't been a default/catchall applied when loading the fact records? Our dates have always come through as null when null, unless specified otherwise. MSft typically leaves null as null.

I would check the relationship between your "time" table and the fact table. Unless you have turned it off/up, your cube/s wouldn't build if there wss a fact table value without a corresponding dimensional value (ie if you had a null fact but didnt have null in your dim table keys).

HTH,

Steve

Steve.

• its shows up as null when I view the database from sql server enterprise manager, but when i view the cube in analysis services which used the data from the DB it comes up as the 30/12/1899. Therefore because 30/12/1899 comes up in the cube, when i make a count using mdx of these dates, 30/12/1899 is counted in the count. ill keep looking into it. I've found other forums where people have had same problem but with microsoft access.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply