ObjectOriented DataBase in the SQL

• Thank you alot,

Most of persons that i spoke with them said like you but i have an another problem with my teacher.i must use inheritance relations and the teacher will check my codes to sure about it. i can't do such a thing that others did unless there aren't any other way!!

• Thanks alot,

Most of persons that i spoke them said this but i have another problem with my teacher.he wanted us to use inheritance relations and he will check it in our codes latar.i must use inheritance relations unless there aren't really any other way!!

• By an Object Oriented Db do you maybe mean a SQL Back end with a ORM style interface that exposes your tables as Dot Net objects

If thats the case then have a look at LINQ to SQL for a simple application or the ADO Entity Framework for the full works. It works in either VB or C#.

Both automatically create a Class structure that mirrors your SQL tables , realtionships , foreign keys etc and all you need to do is program against objects in dot Net using LINQ .

Each table column becomes a Proprty in your generated classes.

The SQL connections and general "plumbing" and interface are handled for you. Perhaps not the Purest DBA solution but it works well.

There are loads of 3rd party ORM modellers out there but if you work in Visual Studio 2008 , these come built in , you'll need to apply VS 2008 Sp1 to get the entity framework

Hope this helps

• Thanks my friends.thanks for your helps(with specially regards to dear Carl for the sample),

i think that find my way:-) however you said i cant use Oracle for my UNIVERSITY project but i start with this because one of my friends created her OO database with Oracle 11g befor.i try to implement my project like my friend and will report result later.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply