ODBC Password

• Hi All,

I have developed a package using an odbc datasource (sybase). While the package works fine locally I am unable to deploy it to the target server successfully. It seems as though the password is not being saved for the odbc connection. I have done various things such as modify the package security level but this hasn't made a difference. I have also modified the xml deployment file to include the password, but when running the set up on the server it seems to have omitted the password once again.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Terry

• Please excuse me if I am stating the obvious, but are the ODBCs set up on the target server?

Tom

Life: it twists and turns like a twisty turny thing

• Regardless of checking "Save Password" in connection dialogs, SSIS does not save passwords. You have to use package configurations or set the password at execution time by modifying the connection string.

• Thanks for that Michael. Got the package config working however have a new problem....trying to write out to a file and getting the error

'The output column "ColumnName (xxxx) does not have a matching source column in the DataReader schema.'

this error appears for each column followed by the return validation status 'vs_needsnewmetadata'. The file is being written (or at least attempting to) local to the server.

Any ideas? For such a simple task, its not proving that simple to put together..or deploy at least....wasn't ssis supposed to be a step forward?

Regards,

Terry

• You can save the passwords in SSIS Package to be deployed on another server.

The procedure is simple, while deploying the package to remote server on msdb on SQL Server.

1. File Save a copy of package.dtsx ---a new windows opens

here you need to specify the server name(simply dot for local server) where you need to deploy and you should have credentials to deploy there.

2. On package path select maintenance and provide a name to it.

3. On protection level you select "Encrypt sensitive data with Password"

---Provide a password here this not credential password this is specific to package.

--the same password has to be specified while you are configuring with SQL Agent for scheduling.

That's it your passwords eg:database credentials will be saved with the package and after deploying and configuring with scheduling the package will work with out any problem.

• Delete the file connection from connections and save the package and close it and again open it and recreate the file connection and connect in pipe line.

It will work with out any problem, and the problem is refreshing the meta data this happens in SSIS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply