Olap rookie

• I have built a simple cube to process counts from two fact tables. these fact tables get the data from an oltp database which has the same structure. How do I refresh the database and the cube with any new data or updates that are done in the oltp tables. I have tried the manual refresh and automating the refresh script but this primarily drops and recreates the entire analysis server database and the cube. I am looking to process the cube again without having to drop the old data in the database. is there a way to do this? How can i move the new and updated data from the oltp database to analysis server database?

I am completely new to this. can someone help me out....

Thanks in advance

• There is an processing option called Process Incremental that will allow you to write a query for just the rows you want to load in the cube.

• Plus, for updating dimension data, use the "Process Update" option for dimensions. If data is only added to your fact tables, consider partitioning the cube and fully process only the "current" partitions, whereas the historical partitions can remain "as-is".

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply