oledb error trace -- CRITICAL.. please help

• I don't know if I am putting this at right place, but this bugging me since 3 days.

Any one please help me.

We have a vb.net application with sql server 2000 database server working fine since 2 years no issues. suddenly it is throwing error when save button clicked. This button takes data from oracle database and saves it in sql 2000 database.

Error: save operation failed:The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction. [OLE/DB provider returned message: New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. ] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' ITransactionJoin::JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a].

I did all possible trouble shooting on sql server 2000 machine. This is with windows 2003 operating system. but no luck. The link i followed till now is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839279

I finished all that trouble shooting, but still throwing error.

Do I need to do anything on the oracle machine as well?

Please help.. asap... critical...

• Ask your DBAs what they did recently, such as linked server.

• Hi,

I am having a similar problem, with a similar environment to yours. I have also followed the steps in the KB article you mentioned with no success. Just wondering if you resolved the issue, and if so, if you could briefly share how you did so.

Thanks!

Keith

keith

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply