ONLY sysadmin permissions

• Hi everyone, I have been looking online for permissions that only sysadmin has, but couldn't come up with a list. What are the permissions that are only sysadmin? Do you have a list or know of a list? Highly appreciate it, thank you.

• shahgols (3/20/2015)

Hi everyone, I have been looking online for permissions that only sysadmin has, but couldn't come up with a list. What are the permissions that are only sysadmin? Do you have a list or know of a list? Highly appreciate it, thank you.

Its a fixed server role and members of it can perform any activity in the server. Be careful before adding anyone to this role and consult your DBA or senior DBA if that user requires this role as this is the most powerful role which bypasses all security checks and does everything anyother role can do.

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” -- John Quincy Adams

• Thanks Sapen. I have been tasked to find out what are the things that sysadmin can do that other server/db roles cannot do. Was wondering if there is a list somewhere.

• Other than overriding any security configuration, as sysadmin can't be denied any permissions. Most permissions are assigned to different roles, just not at the same time. You could even grant control server with grant to a login and it will have the same permissions as sysadmin without being a sysadmin.

I'm not sure if I was clear enough.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply