Only working on every second connection

• I am trying to detect which procedure a user has just created and have written the sql below as a test of what is happening.

However, the code only returns a result for every second connection.

Does anyone have any ideas?

BEGIN TRAN

GO

CREATE PROCEDURE _testproc

AS

SELECT ''

GO

SELECT DISTINCT QUOTENAME(USER_NAME(o.uid)) + '.' + QUOTENAME(name) AS ObjectName

FROM dbo.sysobjects AS o

INNER JOIN master.dbo.syslocks as l ON l.id = o.id

WHERE l.spid = @@SPID

AND (OBJECTPROPERTY(o.id, 'IsProcedure') = 1)

AND (db_name(dbid) = dbname())

GO

ROLLBACK TRAN

GO

• Could it be that the "GO" statements are terminating the command? I would try removing these.

Guarddata-

• We need the GO statements in between because a Create Procedure statement must be the first statement in a command batch

• Mmm..hmmm. That is certainly true.

Unfortunately, SQL2K no longer uses the syslocks table so I can't help much. However, isn't the table only viable while the lock is in place? Unless this code is run during the creation of the procedure, it wouldn't return results. My head may be asleep and I'm in never-land, but if that is correct, you would only be able to detect the procedure in the same transaction as it is being created.... (which may be what you are wanting)

Sorry - no real answers.

Guarddata-

• Thanks guarddata. I didn't realise that syslocks is no longer supported in SQL2K. I changed the statement to use syslockinfo and it seems to work every time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply