Open SSIS package

• Hi All,

I need to modify an SSIS package. The package is all about getting excel files from ftp and loading the data in sql database. But, all I have is Windows Batch File, Integration Services package and Integration Services Configuration files. I don't have the solution file. How do I open this and see what is there in the package.

Please help.

• Create an empty solution and add the .dtsx file to it. Then you'll be able to open it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks, Phil. I did that already, It gives me an error 'The configuration file name .... is not valid. Check the configuration file name.

• pjrpjr7 (1/4/2013)

Thanks, Phil. I did that already, It gives me an error 'The configuration file name .... is not valid. Check the configuration file name.

SSIS menu, Package Configurations... something in there is looking for a config file (most likely an XML file) which you don't have locally mapped but the server does. You'll need to get that config file local and remap the package config to it for testing.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply