Oracle Connectivity problems

• Hi

I have a simple package to extract from Oracle 9i tables and load into SQL Server 2005 (64bit).

Debug is no problem and completes successfully.

However when I attempt to deploy the package via SQL Server I recieve the following verification errors:

Error:  The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager <database> failed with error code 0xC0202009

Error:  component <taskname> failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C

Error;  An OLE DB error has occurred.  Error code 0x80040154.  An OLE DB record is available.  Source "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" Hresult:  0x80040154 description:  "Class not registered"

This is causing me to lose more hair than I care to and any help on this would be gratefully recieved.

Alex.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Have you figured this out yet?

• Hi

Oracle claim to have a patch but I've tried 3 differnet patches but none work!!!!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Alex.

• I am having the same problem. Did you find any solution?

Thanks,

• Hi

We tried all the Oracle and Microsoft Options, some just don't work others, go off after a couple of days. Run times going from 20 minutes up to 2 hours 45 minutes.

We now use DataDirect's ConnectForADO.NET, you can try before you buy. We found it works everytime and really quick.

(Our environment Oracle 9i to SQL Server 2005 SP2 x64 Cluster)

John

• I have the same issue, with the exception that my SSIS package runs fine from the command line on my desktop, but fails on the server from both command line and from within SQL Server Agent. 

I'm running SQL Server 2005 on a 64 bit server and trying to connect to a 32 bit instance of Oracle. I think at this point I do not have the correct 32 bit dll on the SQL Server server. I've tried running the SSIS package as an operating system cmd exec (\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe) with no luck from the 64 bit server.

Does anyone know the root cause of the problem? It looks like this is a very common problem with SSIS, not only connecting to Oracle but to Access, Excel, etc.

Thanks! 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply