Overcome CDOSYS mailing limitation ?

• Hai Guys,

I 'm able to send mails from SQL Server using CDOSYS.DLL, but the limitation we have with this is that the maximum characters in the Body of the mail could only be 8000 characters. I would like to overcome this limitation.

Regards,

Hemant

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Check out http://www.cdolive.com/kb.htm

• Hai Martin,

Thanx for the site info, but I didn't find anything related to my problem (overcoming that 8000 characters limitations). Please let me know if you come across solution to this

Regards,

Hemant

• We use a combination of sp_makewebtask and xp_smtp_sendmail to acheive this. Eliminating any reliance on CDO and/or SQL Mail.

sp_Makewebtask generates a HTML file which is then used as the email body in xp_smtp_sendmail.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• You could send your text as an attachment to overcome the 8000 char limitation.

Steve

• Hai Steve,

Thats a good point steve but I have been asked to send newsletters which cannot be an attachement . It should get displayed as a normal HTML page. Hope you got my point

Regards,

Hemant

• We use the method I've described to send out a couple of form letters that are formatted for HTML.

--------------------

• Yes Phill,

I looked into that sp_Makewebtask and that was awesome information for me to send the newsletter in a more confortable way but buddy I was not able to find that extended stored procedure xp_smtp_sendmail. Can u please help me in this? and more importantly does this overcome that 8000 character barrier?

Thanx and Regards,

Hemant

• xp_smtp_sendmail comes from http://www.sqldev.net

It's a very useful replacement for SQL Mail.

--------------------

• Yeah Phill,

I visited sqldev and found in their log that they have addressed this limitation That was awesome and a great relief . Thank u once again

Regards,

Hemant

• Yeah Phill,

I visited sqldev and found in their log that they have addressed this limitation That was awesome and a great relief . Thank u once again

Regards,

Hemant

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply