Package deployment error

• When I try to deploy SSIS package using package deployment, I am getting the error message below:

TITLE: SQL Server Integration Services

------------------------------

The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'projects', database 'SSISDB', schema 'catalog'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 229)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&ProdVer=13.00.1601&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=229&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

But I am able to query the following in SSMS,  "SELECT * FROM SSISDB.CATALOG.projects".

What is the reason for this package deployment error?

• Are you sysadmin on the instance?

Are you logged in using Windows Auth?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I am the Sysadmin in the instance & I am using sa login using SQL Authentication.

This login also allows me to create a folder under the SSIS catalog, a feature which is restricted to Windows Authentication.

• I've seen plenty of issues in the past in SSIS when using SQL Authentication.

Are you able to log in with sysadmin rights using Windows authentication & try again?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• How to set sysadmin rights for my Windows authentication ?? Kindly guide me on this.

1. Create the login:

CREATE LOGIN [domain\ntuser] FROM WINDOWS

2. Add the login to the sysadmin server role

ALTER SERVER ROLE [sysadmin] ADD MEMBER [domain\ntuser]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply