Package stuck on on Pre-Execute

• Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

We have a group of tables in live (containing large amount of data) that we are using to populate a dev server. In all cases but one the transfer has gone through without a hitch. None of these tansfers are small (85,000,000 / 16,000,000 / 40,000,000) but they all went through okay.

The one that doesn't has data selected from the main table (132,000,000 rows) using a SQL statement in the oledb source (selecting 48,000,000 of those rows).

Everytime it is run it gets to "pre-execute percent complete 0%" and doesn't move or error. The activity monitor shows no blocks or problems. I have already tried the following:

1. used the fast load option for source.

2. fast load with commit set to 50000.

3. fast load with validateExternalMetaData set to false and batch size set to 50000.

4. Changed fast load to use sql command (selecting table).

5. Run it locally on 32 bit rather than the 64 bit server.

It has been running for 2.5 hours this time (on the fast 64 bit server; the package was delveloped on this server as well) and it still says the same "pre-execute percent complete 0%".

Any help would be appreciated,

Grahaeme

• Can you tell if the query is actually hitting the database? Is the table located in a SQL Server database, Oracle, etc? The reason I ask about the type of database is because we have to pull data out of Pervasive and if there is no index on the table, the SSIS package just hangs...or appears too. It is really scanning the source table and will continue to do so for hours without actually failing or completing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply