Page Layout Setting

• HI!

I have designed a report. Its Interactive and Page Sizes are same as letter. e.g 8.5 and 11 inches. Margins are 0.5 each from top, bottom, right and left. now problem is this when i see report in the preview it is showing me 12 pages. but when i see this report in the print layout it is showing 15 pages. how can i handle this problem. is there any bug in reporting services ? or i gt to do something else to minimize this problem.

Kindest Regards,

Atif Saeed Khan

• It's not really a problem, more of a feature...

Depending on the options you set at design time, when a report is displayed on the page it uses the HTML rendering extension. That extension decides how best to format it, within your design time parameters for viewing on a web site, remember a webpage really doesn't have a set length and can go on forever. When you print it, it is printed(rendered to the print driver) using the image rendering extension. This more specifically takes into account the size of the page, margins etc as you set them at design time.

AFAIK, it's just the way it works, and unless you want to manually add pagination to your reports, its something that with a little user training the users will understand and accept.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply