Parameter issue in ssrs 2005

• Hi ,

I am designing one report with date parameter set ,

1.select convert(varchar(13),["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"],120)

FROM [WSS_Content_EuroTraining].[dbo].[ERS_MOSS_P01_Monitor]

where ["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"] between @Startdate and @EndDate

group by convert(varchar(13),["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"],120)

when i paste this to the Data view of Designer...It Doesnt give me any Error....

But when I paste this below Query

select avg(Cast(T1.[["\\GBEDC-APPSP01\Memory\Pages/sec"]]] as float)) AS MemoryPages,

avg(Cast(T1.[["\\GBEDC-APPSP01\Memory\Available MBytes"]]] as int)) AS MemoryAvailableMBytes ,

avg(Cast(T1.[["\\GBEDC-APPSP01\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time"]]] as float)) AS ProcessorTime,

convert(varchar(13),T1.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"],120)as Datetime,

avg(Cast(T2.["\\GBEDC-APPSP02\Memory\Pages/sec"] as float)) AS MemoryPages_1,

avg(Cast(T2.["\\GBEDC-APPSP02\Memory\Available MBytes"] as int)) AS MemoryAvailableMBytes_1 ,

avg(Cast(T2.["\\GBEDC-APPSP02\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time"] as float)) AS ProcessorTime_1,

convert(varchar(13),T2.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"],120)as Datetime_1,

datename(hour,t2.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"])as HH

FROM [WSS_Content_EuroTraining].[dbo].[ERS_MOSS_P01_Monitor]T1 ,

[WSS_Content_EuroTraining].[dbo].[ERS_MOSS_P02_Monitor] T2

where T1.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"] between @StartDate and @EndDate

and T2.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"] between @StartDate and @EndDate

and convert(varchar(13),T1.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"],120)=convert(varchar(13),T2.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"],120)

group by convert(varchar(13),T1.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"],120),

convert(varchar(13),T2.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"],120),

datename(hour,t2.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"])

order by convert(varchar(13),T1.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"],120),

convert(varchar(13),T2.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"],120),

datename(hour,t2.["(PDH-CSV 4 0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)"])

SSRS point the Error stating it "Must declare the scalar variable @Startdate"

Why is this ? with the second query...

Help me out Plz

Thanks

Jaya

• I found the solution for my question....

I like to share .....with u'll

Its mainly bcoz of the column names ,as the column names had square brackets and double quote respresenting ....

As i was thinking .....thinking...of the solution...Finally i could come out of ...it I Just changes the Column names to simple way naming ...thats it ...evertthing got Fine..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply