Parameters selection manually and selection

• Hi

Does anyone know if you can have a parameter where the users can either enter manually or select from the drop down box.

I currently have it set up so users can select multiple values from the drop down box, but I also want users to enter the parameter manually

Thanks

R

• I've used two parameters for that. One multi-select, one text field.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• so the user has to enter the information twice??

• why would you want to let them enter it manually instead of providing all valid options in a dropdown box?

That's so error-prone... People will call you every hour telling you your reports are broken while they've just made a typo.

• I know very true, Its a request from the users, but I dont think it is good practice to go ahead with it.

But it would be interesting to know how to do it.

• rkaria (3/15/2011)

so the user has to enter the information twice??

No, the multi-select or drop-down is primary, but they can use the free-form text if the want/need to.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply