Parameters spontaneously disappearing from dataset properties

• Using SSRS 2005, when working with a dataset on the Data tab, while developing or modifying the query, each time I try something that doesn't work, in addition to getting an appropriate error message I intermittently find that all of the @ parameters I've laboriously defined on the Parameters tab of the Dataset properties window just disappear! I then have to manually re-enter all of them and continue working, until the next time I have a syntax or spelling error, when the same thing happens again.

Am I missing something here or doing something wrong, or is this just a giant bug that Microsoft has yet to acknowledge, let alone fix? I've generally found SSRS 2005 to be a breath of fresh air after the garbage-level quality of the prior version, but this is really maddening.

Any help will be most appreciated.

• Hi,

I am aware of that weird behavior as it happened with me. I tried to run the dataset and then it came up with the parameters. What happen when you tried to run the dataset? Parameters appear?

I believe you need to make sure u select stored procedure in command type if you are using stored procedure.

I hope it helps.

vijay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply