parrallelperiod caluclated member not correct when using Fiscal Day hierarchy

• I have a calculated Memeber that words fine when I have [ServerTime].[Fiscal Year - Fiscal Month - Fiscal Day].[Fiscal Month] in my Where clause but will not give me the correct result when I have [ServerTime].[Fiscal Year - Fiscal Month - Fiscal Day].[Fiscal Day]. Fiscal day only works when the actual day is within a period that had amounts to be added. My query is this:

WITH

MEMBER [Measures].[LastYearTotalQty] as

sum(parallelperiod([ServerTime].[Fiscal Year].[Fiscal Year],1,[ServerTime].[Fiscal Year].currentmember),[Measures].[QTYINV])

select

{

[Measures].[LastYearTotalQty]

} on 0, non empty

{

[InventItems].[INVENTTABLE].[INVENTTABLE] *

[Customers].[CUSTOMERS].[Level 02]

}

DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_CAPTION, MEMBER_UNIQUE_NAME on 1

FROM [SalesCube]

where

( [InventItems].[ITEMID].&[F24],

[ServerTime].[Fiscal Year - Fiscal Month - Fiscal Day].[Fiscal Day].&[2012-05-01T00:00:00] )

This gives me the correct result since in May, 2011 there were some units sold, the only ones in 2011.

The following:

WITH

MEMBER [Measures].[LastYearTotalQty] as

sum(parallelperiod([ServerTime].[Fiscal Year].[Fiscal Year],1,[ServerTime].[Fiscal Year].currentmember),[Measures].[QTYINV])

select

{

[Measures].[LastYearTotalQty]

} on 0, non empty

{

[InventItems].[INVENTTABLE].[INVENTTABLE] *

[Customers].[CUSTOMERS].[Level 02]

}

DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_CAPTION, MEMBER_UNIQUE_NAME on 1

FROM [SalesCube]

where

( [InventItems].[ITEMID].&[F24],

[ServerTime].[Fiscal Year - Fiscal Month - Fiscal Day].[Fiscal Day].&[2012-04-01T00:00:00] )

returns nothing even though it should since the activity is withing the year 2011.

if I change the time hierarchy to be:

[ServerTime].[Fiscal Year - Fiscal Month - Fiscal Day].[Fiscal Month].&[2012-04-01T00:00:00] it gives me the correct amount.

I have tried changing the calculated measure as so witht he exact same results:

sum(parallelperiod([ServerTime].[Fiscal Year - Fiscal Month - Fiscal Day].[Fiscal Year],1,[ServerTime].[Fiscal Year - Fiscal Month - Fiscal Day].parent ),[Measures].[QTYINV])

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Don

• I think I found a solution to use:

sum(parallelperiod([ServerTime].[Fiscal Year - Fiscal Month - Fiscal Day].[Fiscal Year],1,[ServerTime].[Fiscal Year - Fiscal Month - Fiscal Day].parent.parent ),[Measures].[QTYINV])

In my calculated measure. basically telling me to give me the sum for the prior 1 grandparent of the date. Grandparent would be the fiscal year in this case and so far it seems to work.

Anyone else have a better idea?

Don

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply