Passed 70-432

• Thanks, Gail!

• I passed this last friday. 48 questions though I suspect some of them where none scoring as one related to SSRS. I found this harder than the 431 but got a higher mark (857) I think it made me read the questions more carefully. No simulations either, which didn't bother me either way.

Going to have a break before 450 and by break I mean learn a bit of C#. Not studying over summer next time though.

• great job on the pass and thanks for sharing. Yes I will agree, studying over the summer has proven difficult albeit successful. Would you mind if I ask you what 'track' you're on. When you pass the 450, that coupled with the 432 will give you MCITP-DA. Is your company upgrading to 2008 or is this your own venture? What made you take both 431 and 432? Reason I'm asking is I just passed 431 couple weeks ago, and while info was nice and fresh, was going to study the 432 book, then jump right on that exam, but now feel as though maybe I'd be 'wasting' my efforts and I should go to the next exam in the 2005 track, then upgrade to 2008 later. This is on my own time btw.

thanks in advance for your thoughts. I am trying to figure out my most efficient path and the certification path is more confusing than ever with all the new paths available. It seems to be either Developer or Admin 2005 - 3 tests needed. 2008 - 2 tests needed.

thanks,

• Thanks and well done too.

A few years ago whilst working for a Managed Services company I signed up for an apprenticeship scheme run by a training company. If I passed a number of qualifications which would be funded by the UK Government (as I was under 25 without a degree) the training company would pay for 4 exams from the Microsoft Academy program as well as access to Measure Up.

I was part way through studying for the 731 when the 732 exam became available and as such had already been granted access to the 431 Measure Up test. I decided to take 432 as it overlaps with somewhat with 431 and the DBA qualification is one less exam.

I currently work for a software company and our product is SQL based. I regularly perform back end maintenance as well as carrying out a DBA tasks and generally advising our clients and training/transferring knowledge internally.

Long term I want to move into a full time DBA role. I see the exams as a way to solidify my knowledge and hopefully increase my chances of moving into a DBA role.

The way I see it your next steps depend on your current role and where you want to go. Are you using 2005 or 2008? Are you a developer or a DBA? As you probably know the 431 is the first exam for the 2005 Developer and DBA tracks. The 432 leads to the 2008 DBA qualification only.

Cheers

Ally

• Congrats!!

How many days of reading would you recommend before taking this test ?

Also is this book sufficient for the test or anything else also ?

Are you aware of any available pdf's or free online downloads available to study for this exam without the need to buy a book ?

thx in advance for any info you have.

• lakb200 (9/19/2009)

Congrats!!

How many days of reading would you recommend before taking this test ?

Also is this book sufficient for the test or anything else also ?

Are you aware of any available pdf's or free online downloads available to study for this exam without the need to buy a book ?

thx in advance for any info you have.

I read through the book at my own pace during lunch in a few weeks. In my opinion, this book provides all the preperation you will need to pass the exam and then some.

Good luck!

• Dang... as old as the post is, I missed it. Way to go, Tommy, and thanks for the feedback on the book!

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Wow, congratulations Tommy.

How long have you reviewed to prepare for the test?

• Jeff Moden (9/20/2009)

Dang... as old as the post is, I missed it. Way to go, Tommy, and thanks for the feedback on the book!

Thank you Jeff 🙂

• kunio2012 (9/23/2009)

Wow, congratulations Tommy.

How long have you reviewed to prepare for the test?

Thank you. I prepared for this exam using the The Real MCTS SQL Server 2008 Exam 70-432 Prep Kit (ISBN: 1597494208). It took me a little over a month, stepping through one chapter at a time during lunch.

• finally forced myself to start studying and bought the MS Press cert book. I checked out MeasureUP online but the price was the same as the physical book, and i can resell the physical book. The CD that comes with it is questions by MeasureUP.

and PrepLogic is having a sale. $10 for the 70-432 pdf download with 150 questions

• SQL Noob (9/28/2009)

and PrepLogic is having a sale. $10 for the 70-432 pdf download with 150 questions

Hmmm... I suppose it comes with the answers to those 150 questions, as well?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (9/28/2009)

SQL Noob (9/28/2009)

Hmmm... I suppose it comes with the answers to those 150 questions, as well?

It does come with the answers, but every single correct answer is A. if there is more than 1 correct answer, then teh answers are A, and B. Absolutely useless!

• thx

haven't looked at the preplogic yet. still on my hard drive and i've been studying with the prep kit.

• I busted out the ten bucks. Questions seem a little simplistic and the answer to every single answer question is "A", 2 answer questions are "A" and "B", 3 answer questions are all "A", "B", "C". But for 10 bucks not too bad. I would not want to spend the regular price 39$ ????

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply