Passed 70-448!

• Hi,

Since you passed you test. COuld you please suggest what books and material are supposed to be followed.

I would be really a lot grateful if you please let me know. My email id is - swapnadeep@gmail.com

Eagerly waiting for your tips.

Swapnadeep

• Do you want 448 exam? I can shoot what I have for it on my PC

M.Sc.IT, M.B.A, MCTS BI 2008, MCITP BI 2008, MCTS SQL Dev, CSM, CDVDM

• VALEK (3/4/2010)

Do you want 448 exam? I can shoot what I have for it on my PC

Please don't be distributing braindumps, purchased software, or violate the NDA through the use of SSC - or at all for that matter.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• If you have any braindumps or NDA information, or even any copyrighted information you have downloaded, it is illegal for you to distribute it. You can lose your certification for using it or distributing it.

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/4/2010)

If you have any braindumps or NDA information, or even any copyrighted information you have downloaded, it is illegal for you to distribute it. You can lose your certification for using it or distributing it.

Sure. I have not purchased a single course or subscription for my preparation.

Everything was obtained using google and free download (samples). I can merely help others to get hold of the same things without digging on the web. Also I have my own extracts in Word format to prepare.. Anyone want it?

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/4/2010)

Please don't be distributing braindumps, purchased software, or violate the NDA through the use of SSC - or at all for that matter.

this is very true. though free samples are available to have a feel of the exam. also some tips from those that passed.

As with any other exam -- learning is one thing, passing is the other. Noone said you should not learn the matter, but passing exams is another technique, don't you think?

• VALEK (3/5/2010)

this is very true. though free samples are available to have a feel of the exam. also some tips from those that passed.

If those are from MS or Measure Up or similar, that's OK, but a lot of those 'free samples' are brain dumps. Actual questions taken from the exam, posted publicly in violation of the NDA. Using or providing those kinds of 'resources' can result in your certs been revoked permanently.

If in doubt, don't use them.

As for the tips from those who passed, saying just about anything about the contents of the exam, the type of questions, the subjects, etc is a violation of the NDA.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (3/5/2010)

VALEK (3/5/2010)

..some tips from those that passed.

If those are from MS or Measure Up or similar, that's OK, but a lot of those 'free samples' are brain dumps. Actual questions taken from the exam, posted publicly in violation of the NDA. Using or providing those kinds of 'resources' can result in your certs been revoked permanently.

If in doubt, don't use them.

As for the tips from those who passed, saying just about anything about the contents of the exam, the type of questions, the subjects, etc is a violation of the NDA.

I was referring to the MeasureUp and other similar ones.

I don't think speaking about the areas the exam covers and pointing people to the right place to emphasize their knowledge is violation. This is done everywhere on the net, by the very M$ websites and in the M$ preparation press books.

• VALEK (3/5/2010)

I don't think speaking about the areas the exam covers and pointing people to the right place to emphasize their knowledge is violation.

Repeating or paraphrasing what's on the MS site, fine.

Stating "There were X questions on <something> and they asked about <specific feature> and the question on <something else> was really hard because of <a reason" that's getting close to the line. If you read the agreement in the exam, you will see that you cannot say anything specific about the exam contents. Hence someone who has passed cannot give anything other than vague tips.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (3/6/2010)

Repeating or paraphrasing what's on the MS site, fine.

Stating "There were X questions on <something> and they asked about <specific feature> and the question on <something else> was really hard because of <a reason" that's getting close to the line. If you read the agreement in the exam, you will see that you cannot say anything specific about the exam contents. Hence someone who has passed cannot give anything other than vague tips.

What's fine also is to direct people to the right place to study, though the knowledge that lead to that was obtained or confirmed after having sat an exam.

This exactly what I would do if someone asks me...

Basically this is the most common question on the net -- what to read, where to look and how to prepare to the exam.

• Maybe I’ll tackle an Oracle 11g certification in the fall. Good luck to all those preparing for certification…

That would be awesome for you!!!! Showing you're proficient on both RDMS will give you a clear advantage over other dbas....

• Hello and congrats, did you use any dumps? or how did you prepare? thanks...

• huslayer (3/6/2010)

Hello and congrats, did you use any dumps? or how did you prepare? thanks...

NO dumps no specific courses. I got a MS press book preparation to 70-448 and plenty of practice.

Is I mentioned, the sample questions found on inet gave me some feel of the type of questions and the MS certification site also lists areas covered by the exam.

• iamthemanx (3/6/2010)

Maybe I’ll tackle an Oracle 11g certification in the fall. Good luck to all those preparing for certification…

That would be awesome for you!!!! Showing you're proficient on both RDMS will give you a clear advantage over other dbas....

Come to think of it, that would be fun. Certify in Oracle just for the sake of having done it.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Come to think of it, that would be fun. Certify in Oracle just for the sake of having done it.

what do you mean with "fun" , are you being sarcastic?

If you're a MS-SQL dba and you learn Oracle that is a big boost on your resume and career itself. We do use both at work and the most important and critical applications were design for Oracle, they are running on 10g or 11g. Of course, I am a MS-SQL dba and I love what I'm doing but I think out of the box too.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply