Passed My Exam

• Congrats on the exam pass.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Congrats! 🙂

Remember, folks, that certification isn't necessarily proof of expertise, but proof to yourself that you can go outside your comfort zone and learn new things.

It's also proof to employers that you are willing to expand d your knowledge beyond what you need to solve whatever specific problem you are tasked with solving.

What I love about certification is the drive to the individual to improve their craft. Yes, you must learn things for the test that you will never use. But, you must also learn things that you may not be exposed to, day-to-day, that will improve the work you do and they way you do it.

Now, if we could only get Wait States to be like 40+% of the exams...

Eddie Wuerch
    MCM: SQL

• Of course we care - well done!

• Congratulations!!.

Well done.

• Grats!

I'm curious - supposing you were a fairly experienced database developer, how much of the exam is theoretical questions which practical experience may never encounter, and thus would actually require studying of theoretical work to prepare for?

I ask this because I took the sample exams from Microsoft, and had no trouble completing them, but the reason for this is just that all the questions asked happened to be part of the knowledge I already had, be it practical questions or theoretical questions based on practical work I've done.

• Thank you, all!

Kramasawy, I would say that it was fairly even mixture (at least for me) of practical questions and theoretical. Some of the material I never knew prior to studying for the exam. Other material I use on a day to day basis.

Mike Scalise, PMP
    https://www.michaelscalise.com

• Congrats. Maybe I can use this as motivation to start studying for mine :pinch:

______________________________________________________________________________
    How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply